[PD] Netsend Jitter Elimination

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed Nov 6 18:39:48 CET 2002

Steven Kruyswijk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is my first post to the list; I'm a student Audio Design from
> Holland currently busy together with two co-students, developing a
> network-synchronized musical collaboration application for blind
> highschool students and their laptops (geez, that's a mouthful!)
>
> We've been experimenting with sending a synchronisation signal thru
> netsend/netreceive (both using TCP/IP and UDP), but sofar the sync
> jitter is unacceptible, in the 50+ msec region. We're using Windows 98SE
> machines.
>
> Has anyone tried to reliably synchronize stuff thru netsend? Are there
> maybe any Windows-native network settings that could help to minimize
> jitter? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks a bunch in advance,

I'm not sure if this fits your needs exactly but have you considered dmidi?

http://www.dmidi.org/

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're
kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol
and put_symbol I think we used to have..."
- Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem