[PD] Netsend Jitter Elimination

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Thu Nov 7 15:14:07 CET 2002

"MLN Kazem, Aerospace Engineering" schrieb:

> I'm guessing here that there is no
> inherent restriction written within netclient/server that will only
> allow it to communicate with other pd netserver/client (respectively)
> implementations of socket? ie. when the data has left pd it is passed
> in exactly the same way as any other socket implementation?

Yes, that's right. netserver/client are based on the nativ pd netreceive and netsend
and messages are transmitted in exactly the same way (terminated with ';'). Another
external I've made is flashserver which is in fact a special version of netserver
that uses null terminated messages to communicate with Flash. You could even use a
webbrowser to connect to it... ;-)

Olaf