[PD] pd-watchdog

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Thu Nov 7 16:31:48 CET 2002

It's supposed to put Pd to sleep for a short time by sending it a "HUP"
signal that Pd should duly catch and go to sleep for 30 msec.  The hope is
that that would be an adequate amount of time for the rest of the system to
sort of run minimally... if that wasn't done you'd never get your machine
back.

There's another problem that I've been unable to resolve which is why the CPU
usage mysteriously goes up on P4s (there have been postings about this but
I don't have a P4 handy to try things on...)  It has to do with the P4s
throwing floating exceptions at rude times.

cheers
Miller