[PD] fm synthesis

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Nov 14 20:38:22 CET 2002

Hi,
Ryan Gallagher hat gesagt: // Ryan Gallagher wrote:

> Could someone provide me with a simple FM synth patch
> for Pd?  The PDx7 patch I found brings the ole `puter
> to a grinding halt.

I really should fix pdx7 sometime. It had been my very first patch,
and this shows in many places, for example the bad efficiency.
This mostly is due to the lots of unnecessary numberboxes in pdx7.

But pdx7 does employ a FM-variant and is in fact a phase modulating
FM-synth. This is important, if you want to do feedback-FM like the
Yamaha DX7 does. Maurizio's patches do classic FM.

ciao