[PD] IRC

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 16 00:17:25 CET 2002

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, cxlj wrote:
> made some small changes to wiki frontpage addiong category community. ;)
> after the stammtischlinks theres now one that takes you to:
> http://pd.iem.at/pdwiki/index.php?PdChatRooms
> dal.net seems kinda down in europe thou.
> ultimately, all of this should be switched to silc (www.silcnet.org) but
> i dont know wether the major irc networks support this at all ..

I talked to someone on EfNet#puredata some time ago and proposed we could
merge jMax/PureData channels into one big channel. I don't know how well
it would work out but it seems like a good idea to me, especially since
jMax and PureData are similar and partially compatible, and because my own
external is (supposed to be) working with both jMax and PureData.

I would call the channel #dataflow and put it on FreeNode. "dataflow" is
the computational model that jMax/PD use; dataflow diagrams are in common
use in soft.eng (or at least in courses thereof). I want the channel name
to be neutral so that we can gather people from other similar software
onto that channel more easily.

I wanted more feedback from the list guys: do you think it would be a good
idea?