[PD] difftime()

David Sabine dave at davesabine.com
Mon Nov 18 00:35:28 CET 2002

Hello all,

I asked a question a few days ago whether or not anybody has made an object which provides "DateDiff" functionality. I realize that DateDiff is a Visual Basic function....so I'm back to this list asking whether anybody has made an object which provides "difftime" functionality.

"difftime()" is a C++ function which serves a similar purpose.

What I'd like to do is compare two dates (via the zexy [date] and [time] objects) and return the number of seconds or milliseconds between those dates.  For example, difftime("12/10/1999 10:20:21 AM","12/10/2003 10:32:21 AM") = ? seconds

I have limited experience with writing and compiling C++, and no experience writing PD externals.  I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Many thanks.
Dave Sabine