[PD] percolate for linux

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Fri Nov 22 00:50:12 CET 2002

Frank Barknecht schrieb:

> This is my problem as well: I cannot build the whole library, but the
> single externals often don't load. This surely is something simple, so
> my developer question is: What needs to be changed to, say, scrub~.c
> to make it standalone?  I never wrote a library of externals so it is
> not clear to me: What is the difference inside the sources between a
> standalone external and one designed for a library?

There are no differences at all! You can compile any external as a standalone one
or as part of a library. The library is just a 'wrapper' that calls all the setup
routines from the single objects (and combines the compiled code into one single
binary).
Most objects in PeRColate could easily be compiled as stand alone externals
because they just consist of one *.c file. Only the STK based objects need to be
linked with stk.c.
One problem arises with "gQ" because Pd's object loader seems not to be case
sensitive. Typing "gQ" in an object box fails because Pd attemts to load the file
gq.dll and not gQ.dll...

I've uploaded a version 0.7b of PeRColate with some minor bugfixes. It also
contains a new makefile for windows which demonstrates how PeRColate could be
built without using the VC++ workspace. This is the version that could be used as
a basis for a Linux port....

Olaf

PS: find it at http://www.akustische-kunst.org/puredata/percolate/ (sources
only...)