[PD] percolate for linux

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Fri Nov 22 12:05:50 CET 2002

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu schrieb:

> http://agnula.org/~maurizio/PeRColate0.07b-linuxtoo.tar.gz
>
> is a version of percolate 0.07b for PD adapted to Linux. It has not been
> tested but I compiled everything. Binaries (compiled on a RH8.0/Intel)
> are included.

Okay, thanks, that was very fast! I'll check this for any Win-incompatibilities. The
missing objects (sekere~, shaker~ etc.) were missing because they're already part of
the metashaker object and I didn't have the time (and interest ;-) to port them as
well...

"mprims at skynet.be" schrieb:

> Lots of them sound rather distorted, however: I don't know if that's the
> intended behaviour, but I suppose it is.

The objects don't check the input values sent to them... that's why it's very easy to
make them sound horribly! (the same applies for the original Max version)
I don't have Max and thus can't test PeRColate there to see if they really sound the
same. But I guess so. Maybe there's someone out there with Max who could check this (or
send me screenshots of the help patches, maybe they show which value ranges to
use....).

Olaf