[PD] Re: cyclone-0.1-alpha1, s_loader.c, and MacOSX

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Fri Nov 22 16:37:44 CET 2002

hi Adam,

thank you!

I think I will add an OS X branch (containing your changes) into
the common makefile.  Could you tell me what 'uname -s' prints
out on OS X?

For the time being, the Mac branch would not generate single-class
externals, but in the long run I think it should, as the main libs
are likely to grow in size.

It seems like in each system Pd loads externals differently.
Windows .dll does not export external symbols, .pd_linux does
(with the flag RTLD_GLOBAL) -- but dlopen kindly resolves any name
clashes -- and now you tell that .pd_darwin is so fragile...  You
are right, something needs to be done to unify loader's behaviour.

Krzysztof

(My build tools are horrible, I know, but still, they do their job
of maintaining (not only building) all my Pd-related stuff, of
which cyclone and xeq are only a part.)