[PD] pd, ALSA and Midiman

shreeswifty ppagano at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 24 02:19:24 CET 2002

hi folks

I spent the morning getting ALSA to work finally with my vaio laptop in
linux
i compiled the intel8x0 drivers and got them working after some struggles
One must specify --with-kernel=/usr/src/linux
& --with-moddir=/lib/modules/(kernel)/misc
in the ./configure scripts for it to work (at least for me)
then i had to do the same routine for snd-usb-audio
i used the fxload .rpm from planet CCRMA and followed the directions on the
alsa-project site
(editing the ezusbmidi binary)
and hotplugged it

it works with mididev -2

now to get the emi 2|6 running with linux

any tips :-)

Pat Pagano, Director
South East Just Intonation Society
http://www.screwmusicforever.com/SHREESWIFT/