[PD] Random without repeating numbers

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Sat Nov 30 21:27:36 CET 2002

I just found that both Intel i810 and AMD 768 chipsets have an
integrated hardware RNG for cryptography, with modules for Linux
(i810_rng and amd768_rng).

I like the quote from
http://www.cryptography.com/resources/whitepapers/IntelRNG.pdf :
"Anyone who considers arithmetical methods of producing random digits
is, of course, in a state of sin. ­ John Von Neumann (1951)"

--
Marc