[PD] crossfade of complete sample buffer

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Sun Dec 1 21:09:52 CET 2002

Hi everyone,

before hacking it up myself I thought, I'd ask if anything like that
already is realized or could be implemented in an abstraction using
standard pd objects (I could imagine it's somehow possible, but
couldn't find a way).

I need to gradually transform the contents of a sample buffer from one
sound to another, by crossfading all of the samples from sound A
to sound B in a given time (say 2000 msecs). What I look for is an in
place change of the sample values in the array. The lengths of the two
sample buffers of course are considered equal.

Not to get me wrong: the cross fade doesn't work from left to write in
the sample buffer, but all values of the buffer are crossfaded by
crossfading the samples from sound A at all the indexes with the
respective values of sound B "at once", using subsequent "steps",
which are completely independent of the sample frequency to perform
the cross fade, much like a line object.

Any ideas?

--
Orm