[PD] crossfade of complete sample buffer

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Mon Dec 2 11:09:06 CET 2002

hi,

I think Orm's question was not how to do the math, but how to
patch things up for inplace transformation (for whatever
reason...) --

assuming sounds A and B are already stored in source arrays, and
there is a separate destination array, one could just mix two
[until]->[counter]->[tabread <source>] outputs into
a [counter]->[tabwrite <destination>]

(driven with '0, 1 <dur>'->[line]->{do the math}->:)

or (if you happen to have vex installed) send
'gen concat <A>, multiply $1, add <B>, multiply $2'
to [vex_form <destination>]

(in vex case math differs slightly)

Krzysztof