[PD] crossfade of complete sample buffer

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Dec 2 11:06:06 CET 2002

Hi,

Am Montag, den 02. Dezember 2002 um 10:34:50 Uhr (+0100) schrieb
marius schebella:
> (bufferA * n) + (bufferB * (1-n))
> n=a value decreasing from 1 to 0.

That's what I want to do (using a hamming window or something like
that for the envelope). The question is about how to implement this in
pd:

Given two buffers (A and B) i want to create a third buffer (C) with a
single bang which copies all samples of A and B using the above
formula on each sample at once (meaning faster than the
samplerate). So what I need is some sort of a tabledump, which can be
triggered by a bang. That is quite simple in high-level pd once you
know for example the size of an array. But I don't know how to get
that except accessing the array struct directly within a code
external. Another solution would be if there was some sort of "dump"
message for table objects.

Does anybody know of something like that? Maybe I'm missing something
obvious.

> i don't know if the result will please you... because this will still sound
> like a kind of "traditional" crossfade.
> m.

That's o.k. It's purpose is solely to avoid clicks when changing the sound of
a buffer while it is being accessed by multiple granular generators in
a performance. Transforming the sound of the accessed buffer gradually
is the cheapest and most elegant solution.

--
Orm