[PD] crossfade of complete sample buffer

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Dec 2 13:14:44 CET 2002

Hi Krzysztof,

Am Montag, den 02. Dezember 2002 um 11:31:27 Uhr (+0100) schrieb
Krzysztof Czaja:

> anyway, I still do not know why not to abandon inplace tricks and
> use double-generator scheme instead (as marius suggests)...

It's just the cheapest way. I normally access one buffer with some
50-100 generators and a doubling of the generators would half the
maximum available simultaneous voices.  Your first solution with the
readout of the table would work, but what is stopping the [until]
object? It'd be nice, if tabread would either not output anything
at all on index under- or overflow, or had a seperate second outlet to
signal xflows with a bang. BTW, I think with your solution, it'd even
work in place (without a third buffer), when you use a different
scheme for the calculation of sample values (based on the last value
at index and the goal value at index).

I'm now going to check your vex solution.

Thanks a lot,
Orm