[PD] Problems compiling CVS Gem under SUSE8

bbogart at ryerson.ca bbogart at ryerson.ca
Mon Dec 2 19:37:34 CET 2002

Hello again,

Thanks for the suggestions! I removed all the
referenes to yuv from the Gnu Makefile after
./configure and now gem compiles fine. But
pix_movie/film does not seem to work...

in Guenter's old version pix_movie and pix_film
would report what movie file support they have:

pix_film:: quicktime4linux support
pix_film:: libmpeg3 support

And they load my Jpeg Quicktimes fine:
GEM: pix_film: Loaded file:
/home/bbogart/oracle/work/pd/../../video/air_med.mov
with 11682 frames (256x256)
allocating

But in the new cvs version pix_film reports no such
support message and loading the same movie, in the
same patch gives:

error: GEM: pix_film:
'/home/bbogart/oracle/work/pd/../../video/air_med.mov'
does not appear to be a supported movie

The configure finds mpeg3 and quicktime for linux:
checking for quicktime_open in -lquicktime... yes
checking for OpenMPEG in -lmpeg... yes
checking for mpeg3_open in -lmpeg3... yes

And gem compiles fine, it does not report not
finding any header files or libs.

If there is any other information I can provide to
help let me know.

Thanks
Ben