[PD] usb midisport 2x2 problem

João Miguel Pais jmmmpl at netcabo.pt
Mon Dec 2 22:43:57 CET 2002

Dear list,

I am trying to connect a midi fader box to my notebook through the 2x2
midisport. The faders go in In-A (in-b not used), and to the computer
through the usb output. The system is windows xp, pd .35 t26. The purpose is
to set up an improvising patch, to act on a concert next Saturday
(rehearsals begin thursday!).

Until now I tried the connection, and windows detected the device correctly
and installed it - but only when it is phisically present, or it won't show
up in the configuration. Windows says the hardware didn't passed their tests
fully.

What I couldn't do was make the connection between the midi input and pd. I
have both midi yoke nt 2.5 and midi-ox (until now only used yoke to connect
a virtual keyboard to other applications, never worked with hardware). But
nothing appeared in the inputs or outputs menu in yoke. (unfortunately
couldn't make a pd -listdev while with the device, but doubt if it would be
detected)

Has anybody set up a system configuration like this one? Are there any test
programs for midisport? I couldn't find anything on the cd.

Thanks as usual,

João Miguel Pais