[PD] Problems compiling CVS Gem under SUSE8

chris clepper cclepper at artic.edu
Tue Dec 3 01:13:32 CET 2002

>Hello again,
>
>Thanks for the suggestions! I removed all the
>referenes to yuv from the Gnu Makefile after
>./configure and now gem compiles fine. But
>pix_movie/film does not seem to work...

you could put a Makefile that does nothing for Linux and Windows for
now.  someone might be able to get yuv going in windows by including
the Quicktime headers for yuv_film/movie/video.  not sure about doing
yuv texturing in Windows or Linux, though hardware from Nvidia and
ATI definitely support it.

i put the yuv stuff into a separate folder to make it easier to
ignore on platforms that can't/won't support it.

cgc