[PD] Alsa/OSS, pd and RME don't like each other

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Tue Dec 3 13:02:54 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to install pd on an Athlon with Debian 2.4.18-bf2.4 and the
RME HDSP. Sound works both with oss-compatible apps (xmms, which
autoloads snd-pcm-oss and snd-timer-oss) as well as with alsa apps. PD
compiles and works in 0.35-0 and 0.36-10 with the -noaudio option
(also midi from the RME card works well).

When I try to start with "pd -channels 2 &" the computer freezes
completely (it prints out a short message about a OSS blocksize
adjustment to 2048).

The very same setup works without any problems on my laptop.

Any ideas (I could send some logs if someone is interested)?

--
Orm