[PD] Alsa/OSS, pd and RME don't like each other

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Tue Dec 3 14:43:12 CET 2002

Am Dienstag, den 03. Dezember 2002 um 13:44:32 Uhr (+0100) schrieb guenter geiger:
> Are you sure that you have the very same alsa installed ?
> Recent ALSA snapshots are known to have broken OSS emulation.

No. I'm sure I have a different ALSA installed. Unfortunately the old
ALSA hdsp driver didn't work on the Athlon... (sigh).

I will check again. I got sound working now with pd-0.35-test29 and
Stefan Kersten's sndlib patch by not using the OSS layer, but I'd
rather use more recent pd versions.

Thanks for the hint. I guess I'll have to wait :-(

--
Orm