[PD] crossfade of complete sample buffer

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Fri Dec 6 14:56:58 CET 2002

hi Thomas,

sorry for a delay -- I have just returned from Cieszyn, after
presenting Pd and cyclone to what turned out to be a gathering of
polish maxers.  Most of them seemed quite excited about a prospect
of rendering (parts of) their stuff cross-platform, but all
complained over tcl/tkish look and feel...

Thomas Grill wrote:
 > How did you deal with operations on long buffer sizes... are they granular
 > and how did you solve the retriggering? By clock tick?

I did not deal at all -- any operation is performed in an
unbounded time.  That is mainly due to my old csoundish habit of
first precomputing or preloading function tables, then keeping
such `pool' in a more or less frozen state during performance.

What I would like to add to vexing in the first place is a sort of
explicit lazy computation.  But I want it simple, and it is really
unlikely that vexing will ever be granular, or even threaded
-- this is vasp's domain.

 > It would be really great if a PD signal chain could be used for filling
 > buffers faster then real-time.

yes, even if it looks like a very tricky feature to design...

Krzysztof