[PD] Gem -0.87 pix_mask & pix_film - was Performance Tuning (disk IO)

bbogart at ryerson.ca bbogart at ryerson.ca
Sun Dec 8 04:38:52 CET 2002

Hello All,

I was thinking about using movies rather than jpegs
to store my 800 odd image files, but I've just
remembered I'm using pix_mask to make the text nice
and antialiased.

So I did a few trials using pix_film and pix_mask.
It does not seem to work at all, is it supposed to?
This is on the standard gem-0.87 distro. I can load
movies into pix_film attached to pix_mask but the
masking is not rendered, and when I change frame I
get the message:

error: Gem: pix object cannot handle gray image

Its not clean which pix object is creating this
message, and neither movie is grey!!! (I tried with
my own movies and the mov that comes with gem) I'm
using the very same patch I used to set up the alpha
using jpegs so alpha and all the other stuff one
needs is there. This functionality is in the cvs gem?

Thanks
Ben