[PD] saving patch values

David McCallum 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca
Sun Dec 8 18:47:04 CET 2002

         What I've been doing is piping all GUI values into a table. Then
writing the table values to a file. When I load the patch up it reads the
file into the table, then pipes the table to the GUI objects.

         I also came up with a really messy solution of storing abstraction
settings in the path of the parent patch, if you're interested.

David

At 05:38 AM 07/12/2002 +0100, gen.control wrote:
>greetings,
>
>Q: is there any "easy" way so save the values of a pd-patch ( like
>hslider, numberbox, vdail, number etc.) into a seperate file to make
>something like a snapshot or preset?? I know there is an object called
>"state" in the ggee library which only works with other ggee objects.
>something similar for all pd objects would really help a lot.
>
>_----_- Toby

.
. David McCallum
.  Music wants to be free