[PD] peak meters / audio stop working

Rama rama at xicnet.com
Thu Dec 12 00:22:18 CET 2002

Hi all, I'm having a problem with audio I beleive. It stops working
during operation within pd. Also if I close and start pd again, audio is
still not working. I haven't tried unloading and loading the audio
modules again because I have something very untidy about modules. But
upon rebooting the problem is solved, but not for long.

I'm using Pd version 0.35 PRELIMINARY TEST 24, ALSA, and a Hoontech
DSP24 soundcard (ICE1712 module from ALSA). I've also checked if there
was no IRQ problems, and I found my soundcard sharing an IRQ with the
video adapter. I moved the soundcard to another slot and fixed that
sharing thing, but the audio problem still remains.

If someone could help me it'd be great.
If further information is needed, please request it and I will answer
back as soon as possible.

Thanks all,
bye!
--