[PD] compile error pd-0.36-0

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sat Dec 14 20:32:06 CET 2002

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Michael Iber wrote:

> Thank you Thomas.
>
> Another question: where is Guenter's rme-driver? Its not available at the
> address given in the docs.
Hi,

what is the given address ?

> Btw: is this still the most accurate way of using the hammerfall with PD (I
> am new to kernel2.4.x so excuse the questions)?

As it stands it is the best way if you want to have really low latency
(mainly because nobody cleaned up the alsa code in pd yet).

The other (and a lot more flexible) solution is to use jack
(jackit.sf.net) and pd (This works with the ALSA Hammerfall driver).
And you have to take pd from the CVS, because jack support is not
in the regular release yet.

Guenter