[PD] alsa-oss-hammerfall

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sun Dec 15 23:44:42 CET 2002

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002, Michael Iber wrote:

> Hello,
> my system freezes trying to start pd with "-32bit" flag using current
> alsa-cvs and rc6. As I somehow remember some problems being around
> concerning alsa-oss-emulation, I would like to know, which is the latest
> release working?
> what are the best options to start pd with (original hammerfall 9652)?
> Thanks,
> Michael

I think alsa oss emulation is not the way to go.
The oss emulation of alsa does not have 32 bit support.

Either use the rme96xx driver, which should be part of your kernel modules
(if you have a kernel more recent than 2.4.10), or use jack.

An alternative download location for the rme96xx is
http://gige.xdv.org/pages/soft/pages/rme
(Sorry, I changed the layout of my pages, thats why the link does not
work anymore)

I think the solution with jack is the best and most flexible one.
The solution with the rme96xx driver is the easiest one to setup
(if your distribution comes with the sound modules, that is)

Greetings

Guenter