[PD] Re: [jmax] GridFlow 0.6.3

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 20 21:56:08 CET 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> Here is a new release of GridFlow (a multi-dimensional dataflow processing
> library for Ruby, jMax and PureData, specialized in pictures and video)

if anyone has trouble installing GridFlow, please tell me.

in particular, i would like to know whether "make install" fails to
overwrite the former version of gridflow.so; this results in "gridflow
version 0.6.2" being shown in the jMax/PD log, and most of the problems of
0.6.2 showing up even though the real 0.6.3 is many times more stable.

if this is the case, tell me
which version of Ruby you are using, and you may remove the old
gridflow.so manually by doing this:

rm -i `find /usr/lib/ruby -name gridflow.so`
make install

(if ruby is not in /usr/lib/ruby then replace that name by the
appropriate name, maybe /usr/local/lib/ruby)

I would get that problem fixed by next release.