[PD] Re: [jmax] GridFlow 0.6.3

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 23 17:07:18 CET 2002

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> in particular, i would like to know whether "make install" fails to
> overwrite the former version of gridflow.so; this results in "gridflow
> version 0.6.2" being shown in the jMax/PD log, and most of the problems of
> 0.6.2 showing up even though the real 0.6.3 is many times more stable.
[...]
> I would get that problem fixed by next release.

Some notes about 0.6.3 :

I still have no evidence the aforementioned problem actually exists. I've
had one report and assumed it was something else... however that
"something else" only occurred when reinstalling from a shared filesystem
when the clock is not synchronised, and that i was reinstalling too
often... Ruby's installer will only install a newer file on top of an
older file. I can circumvent that if people think it's a good idea to.

Now, another thing: I have gotten almost no feedback about this version of
GridFlow. There's something I might not have advertised properly: 0.6.3 is
_NOT_ crashy; it's possibly 1000 times less so than the previous version,
which had a real problem with that.

So, for PureData users: this is the first version of GridFlow that
actually works quite well with PureData. The main differences with the
jMax side are now only:

 * only 2 examples for PD; 17 examples for jMax
 * 8 abstractions are still jMax-only
 * the list syntax is uglier in PD