alsa was Re: [PD] problems with Pd and edirol usb

pix pix at test.at
Thu Jan 2 21:50:37 CET 2003

i have the emi2|6 usb sound device which i have been having troubles with
under pd. i have a few different problems, but the one related to this
email is that when i use the alsa driver i get pops and clicks also, even
when using the test patch.

this is kind of frustrating because the multi-channel output under oss
doesn't seem to work (i think i'll send a fresh message about this). multi
channel works with alsa, but with the aforementioned pops.

pops happen even when just using two channels,

whereas i can play dvds with 5.1 sound etc using the alsa plugin in xine
with no problems.

pix.