[PD] Dynamic receive

David McCallum 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca
Mon Jan 6 17:56:08 CET 2003

Thanks for the tips, CK.

         Two questions, why is reentrant discouraged, and what problems
might r13 have?

         It sounds like r13 might do what I need, but from what I gather
from the list archives there aren't any recent windows binaries, so I may
just be out of luck and have to use internal messages to do the job. Eek...

Kjetil,

         I imagine that would work, except I'm using windows and don't have
the knowledge/tools to do my own compilation. :-/

David

At 02:53 AM 06/01/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>1) there is a patch for pd that adds set msgs for send and receive
>    but it's use is discouraged, search the archive for 'reentrant '
>
>2) d13bs ext13 have [s13] and [r13] objects IIRC but they might suffer
>    from the same problems
>
>3) dynamically create a [r whatever] object and connect it via msgs to
>    the canvas (look for 'self modifying patches' , 'pd internal messages'
>    for docs

.
. David McCallum
.  Music wants to be free