[PD] 2 things

martin pi pi at attacksyour.net
Wed Jan 8 11:26:36 CET 2003

> But one of my dreams would be, to be able to design patcher objects in
> Gem (or another GUI-interface). That means, having a fast OpenGL area
> inside Pd patches, not (but possibly) in an extra window. I wonder, if
> SDL is as 'embedable' as OpenGl (which is for example like in
> gtkglarea, wxwindos, ...)

SDL is no wrapper around opengl. it replaces the
window-code and not the opengl. that is used as
ever. so on this side no changes happen (and yes -
it initialises hardware accelerated, if desired)

so i would not replace opengl or whatever and no
external would need a change. just the window
creation and event handling code is altered: from
3 (x+win+osx) to 1 method.

and at no cost maybe

and documentation of capabilities is maintained by
third party

martin