[PD] 2 things

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 9 07:40:39 CET 2003

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, tigital wrote:
> ...good idea:  when I did the OS X port, I thought about doing it via
> SDL, but went with native support in the end...I don't know that it
> would help existing implementations, but I think gridflow has some
> sdl support, so maybe it'd help to get gridflow and gem to work
> together (if desired?)...

The support GridFlow has for SDL is very incomplete. AFAIK it's supposed
to use SDL_main() and it is expected by SDL that it is being used by a
standalone application, but GridFlow is a library, so SDL support is
shitty, and the window doesn't respond to any events at all.

PostScriptum: I have made gridflow/format/sdl.c add itself to gridflow's
event loop and now it's calling SDL_Poll() so that the window can at least
respond to "redraw" events. I don't know whether that will have an impact
on a MacOSX and/or Win32 port.