[PD] .pd files in cvs

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jan 9 11:15:03 CET 2003

Hi,
Thomas Grill hat gesagt: // Thomas Grill wrote:

> I should really decide at last whether i store my .pd patches in the
> cvs as text or binary files.
> The cvs manual says that only files that are "editable" (which means
> readable and changeable with a text editor) should be stored in text
> mode. PD patches are not really editable...

I sometimes do edit Pd files with a text editor, for example to do
mass-substitutions.

> Can problems arise with text mode as long as files are pure ascii?

I don't know if CVS does this, but applications for a lot of other
protocols (http, ftp) support a conversion between the different end
of line conventions on Mac (\r), Unix (\n) and W32 (\r\n) systems.
Maybe CVS does somethng similar in textmode?

ciao