[PD] possible bugs?

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Jan 9 19:15:08 CET 2003

hi IOhannes, hi Guilherme, hi list,

[warning: potential holy war]

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
 > Bryan Jurish wrote:
 >
 > >hi Guilherme,
 > >
 > >On 9 January 2003 at 01:25:09, Guilherme Carvalho wrote:
 > > > And a real newbie question: once I have the dll's and stuff in the right places, can I safely get rid of the .c, .h, etc. files? This is just to clean up my folders.
 > > >

 > >deleting .c and .h files should not cause your externals to crash.
 > >
 > yes indeed, but maybe it's a bad idea to "clean up folders" in such manner
 >
 > mfg.a.sr.
 > IOhannes

not to antagonize, but i was just trying to give as honest
an answer as possible to Guilherme's question.  AFAIK there
are plenty of reasons _not_ to delete the source -- in my
case because I may want it later as a reference or as a basis
for something else I'm building; or just in case I want
to rebuild the external with the spiffy new whiz-bang
super-optimizing C-compiler...

nonetheless, the externals shouldn't stop working if you delete
(or move) the sources -- i for one like my sources in 'src',
my libraries in 'lib', my programs in 'bin', ... and my
externs in 'externs'...

all of this goes out the window as soon as we start
talking about patches or non-compiled data distributed
with an external, but i don't really want to go there
right now.

peace, love, and marmosets,
	Bryan