[PD] cpu load question

Pall Thayer pall at fa.is
Mon Jan 13 09:00:06 CET 2003

Ok, I've been doing alot of poking around and this is what I've found out. I
have three seperate patches running simultaneously on the same machine. It
appears that when I run only patch 1 and patch 2, everything's ok. Also, if
I run patch 1 and patch 3, everything's ok. However, if I run patch 2 and
patch 3, cpu use goes way up and it's not always the same. Sometimes, both
patches show a huge increase in cpu use (about 18% each) and other times
patch 2 remains the same but patch three uses about 50%.

And here's a new twist, I tried running them on another machine with an
identical setup except it has a 600 mhz celeron instead of 400 (on the
'problem' machine) and everything was fine. They were all running at 0%.

Any ideas? Anyone?

best regards,
Pall