[PD] Patch design methodology tips

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Tue Jan 14 08:00:01 CET 2003

Hi David,

2c worth of thought; generally I find that those things which apply to good software design also apply to good patch design.
Modularity, re-use, clear commenting/labelling etc. If I was you i'd get out some books on software design and see how much of it
applies to patching. Of course with Pd you also have the pleasant aesthetic aspect of the design. Which is why all my knobs and
sliders are orange.

Chris.