[PD] some basic questions

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Sun Jan 19 14:15:29 CET 2003

hi Thomas,

Thomas Grill wrote:
 > 2) i remember a discussion thread about max-like poly (or even better -
 > poly~) objects a while ago... has there been any external code written in an
 > attempt to realize that?

there _is_ an internal 'poly' in Pd, yet there is no 'poly~'.  The
picture is rather sad --

One poly~-like project is the 'nqpoly' self-proliferation
abstraction by pix, which works pretty well, but in a larger
project it might prove difficult to maintain.

The 'clone' external by Olaf Matthes adds multiple i/o and some
other goodies to my old rabin~ (which in turn has been transformed
into 'polite~' -- hopefully a basis for cyclone's poly~).

None of these is a full-blown poly~.

 > 6) have there been any attempts or progress in terms of runtime-configurable
 > audio settings (driver model, device id, sample rate, buffer sizes)?

will be available in pd-0.37, afaik

Krzysztof