[PD] Gem failed after compiled against gcc 3.2 on GentooLinux

patrick pagano ppagano at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 19 15:35:15 CET 2003

really
i am no longer on a laptop for linux (my vaio pooped), so i cannot
comment on radeons
but i am on 7.3 with 320MB ram 1.7GHz

glxgears -info is giving me

[root at localhost root]# glxgears -info
GL_RENDERER   = Mesa DRI Rage128 20010405 Pro AGP 1x x86/MMX/SSE
GL_VERSION    = 1.2 Mesa 3.4.2
GL_VENDOR     = VA Linux Systems, Inc.
GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_abgr
GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_histogram
GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_polygon_offset GL_EXT_rescale_normal
GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_env_add
GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_vertex_array
GL_MESA_window_pos GL_MESA_resize_buffers GL_NV_texgen_reflection
GL_PGI_misc_hints GL_SGIS_pixel_texture GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp
3191 frames in 5.0 seconds = 638.200 FPS
3197 frames in 5.0 seconds = 639.400 FPS
3197 frames in 5.0 seconds = 639.400 FPS
3134 frames in 5.0 seconds = 626.800 FPS
3150 frames in 5.0 seconds = 630.000 FPS
3149 frames in 5.0 seconds = 629.800 FPS
3150 frames in 5.0 seconds = 630.000 FPS
3135 frames in 5.0 seconds = 627.000 FPS

is this too slow? any ideas on the crashing GEM with the PLanet CCRMA .rpms?
Where do i add the
#include <string.h>

i would like a clean build of GEM for some work i would like to do

cheers~
Pat