[PD] Fun with Neurons

mark mark at junklight.com
Wed Jan 22 16:01:24 CET 2003

After having most of last year off I am getting back into PD again.

I built the "ann" external for windows and after reading some papers
on the web ( http://www.cis.hut.fi/~tho/thesis/) I have an idea what it
does and I built the patch attached (if you haven't got kontact then
just
send the midi stream to something else). Applying a self organising
map to a random stream should produce an ever changing stream of...
well...something - and it does and its supprisingly musical. I have a
"toungue drum" patch (short decay,low pitch)  and a flute patch (long
decay,
high pitch) loaded at the same time and its very nice just to listen to.

On a realted note does anyone know anything about the hartman Neuron
synth:

http://www.hartmann-music.com/home/

and what kind of techniques it uses?

cheers