[PD] PD on Ipaq linux (Familiar)

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Wed Jan 22 16:24:13 CET 2003

Le mer 22/01/2003 à 06:00, guenter geiger a écrit :
> ftp://xdv.org/pub/gige/iPaq/PDa.tgz
> ftp://xdv.org/pub/gige/iPaq/PDa_armbin.tgz
>
> The second one is the binary archive. You just have to unpack this on
> your iPaq and run it.

Since I don't have an iPaq yet, I compiled PDa on my laptop.

In the makefile.in I changed:
GLIB = -L/skiff/local/arm-linux/lib/X11/ -lX11 @LIBS@
to:
GLIB = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 @LIBS@

I imported the missing "extra" directory from pd-0.34, but the "bonk~"
and "expr~" externals were not compiling because the warnings were
treated as errors, so I removed "-Werror" from LINUXCFLAGS in their
respective makefiles.

To make sure PDa would not interfere with PD, I installed it in its own
directory (./configure --prefix=/usr/local/PDa) and made this shell
script (called PDa...):
#!/bin/sh
PATH="/usr/local/PDa/bin:$PATH" pd

Questions:
- Is it possible to compile PDa for the xscale processor?
- What version of PD was used as a base for PDa?
- Is there any guidelines on porting externals to PDa?
- How can I remove the tcl/tk window size limit?

--
Marc