[PD] Universal Makefile for PD

Michael McGonagle fndsnd at rcnchicago.com
Mon Jan 27 20:04:19 CET 2003

Hello all,

I have been working with some externals for PD over the past few days,
and having noticed that most makefiles do not have targets for Mac OS X
(Darwin), it made me wonder if there is a "Universal" makefile that
contains the needed code as a starting point for all externals.

Is there some documentation on compiling externals? I have looked at the
tutorial for externals at 'iem', but it does not get into any of the
"compilation" things. Is there one way to compile an external? What
sorts of options are there?

Thanks,

Mike