[PD] Pd and jack (again)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jan 28 15:22:24 CET 2003

Hallo,
Kjetil S. Matheussen hat gesagt: // Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

> A pd external with the syntax "jack~ <portname>".

In fact, I thought about this approach when there wasn't any of the
jack-patches, and I still could figure that it would be an interesting
approach. I mean, sfwrite~, mp3|oggcast~ all send audio data to the
outside world, why shouldn't this work with jack as well.

> I think so. At least I want to run freqtweak as a pd oject.

That would be way cool.

gg:
> > I am not sure if I would recommend the development of such an
> > external. There are so many more useful things to do, and
> > we are in need of people who have the time to do that.
> >
> Whats more useful?

Just some quick thoughts: Threading GUI and audio, making another GUI
toolkit possible, a cleaner self-generation of patches, poly~, ...

ciao