[PD] Tweaking audio settings

Søren Bovbjerg sb at cvmt.dk
Tue Jan 28 19:43:39 CET 2003

> No you shouldn't, rc6 is broken for delta cards.

Well, for now I don't have much of a choice, since the Delta 410 wasn't
added before late December. So I cannot even use rc6 but must rely on recent
CVS snapshots - which seem to often introduce as many bugs as they fix :-(

Anyway, I have a working driver ATM and if I run it with -rt I can use quite
low audiobuf settings ( -15 works). The strange thing is, that I cannot
notice the difference in using -audiobuf 15 100 or 1000. I have PD synced
through netreceive to an OpenGL rendering of a firework explosion. The
explosion triggers a 'bang' sample and I would expect a 1 second delay using
an audiobuffer of 1000. However, the sound response is instant regardeless
of the setting - but the 'DAC blocked' errors and audio clicks disappear.

I will be watching the ALSA dev list to see if the make improvements.

Cheers
Soeren