[PD] [threshold~]

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Fri Jan 31 17:45:38 CET 2003

Hi Alex,

Threshold~ can have a delay up to the sample blocksize (64), since "control"
operations in Pd alternate with 64-sample DSP blocks.  So threshold~ isn't
an accurate way to detect peaks.  (Mostly I use it to watch envelope follower
outputs and/or the phase of a sampler to keep it from going out of range,
etc., for which a 1-1/5 msec delay isn't likely to matter.)

I don't know, but I bet there are already peak and zero-crossing detector
objects out there for Pd...

cheers
Miller