[PD] GridFlow 0.7.0
matju at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 2 02:07:13 CET 2003
[fwd: pd-list at iem.kug.ac.at, jmax at ircam.fr,
ruby-talk at ruby-lang.org, 0xFF at music.columbia.edu]
I am proud to announce a new release of GridFlow. Before going on with the
usual information, let me tell you that I have screenshots for you! Since
some may want to see what kind of animations may be done using GridFlow, I
also have added a 10-frame animated GIF.
Here is a new release of GridFlow (a multi-dimensional dataflow processing
library for Ruby, jMax and PureData, specialized in pictures and video)
If you have any questions and/or want to talk, there is the #dataflow
chatroom on IRC.FreeNode.Net, where all MAX-like software is on-topic.
If you have any trouble installing GridFlow, please send me an email about
it or see me on IRC.
version 0.7.0 (2003.02.01):
* new classes: @cast, @join, @ravel, @grade, @perspective
* new grid protocol supports several number types (added uint8,int16)
* added number type support in most classes
* added "option cast" for @in in some formats
* can now specify number types in grid literals
* added some MMX support (accelerates by 0%..40%)
* @import: added optional 2nd arg specifying type.
* @import: can convert symbols to grids of their ascii codes.
* new [@import per_message] yields one grid per incoming message
* [fps]: added options "user" "system" "cpu" for selecting clock
* aalib: added options autodraw, draw, dump
* aalib: added raw input (two channels: characters, attributes)
* x11: added support for 256-color mode using a private colormap.
* x11: added "use_stripes" for alternate 256-color rendering.
* fixed problems with earlier versions of Ruby (like 1.6.2)
* new samples: polygon.jmax
* videodev_effects.jmax: added sort-effects, centre-of-gravity-tracking
* the time profiler is back to working !!!
* @scale_by, @downscale_by: added right inlet, for configuration
* @store is a bit faster
* ppm: accelerated by large amount
* @outer, at inner, at inner2, at fold accelerated by obscene amount
(the previous version was released on 2002.01.10)
Mathieu Bouchard http://artengine.ca/matju
More information about the Pd-list