[PD] tcl/tk installation problems

nick phillips np at f-matic.net
Sun Feb 2 05:10:19 CET 2003

hello pd list,

i'm having some problems with a pd installation on a debian woody system
(2.4.20 kernel) which i'm having a hard time fixing. i've managed to install
pd on linux successfully several times on this same machine, but i recently
had a hard drive failure and have had to reinstall everything. now when i
run ./configure from the pd/src directory i get error messages about "no X11
found" and "no tcl/tk header found." I have both installed on my system - X
is in the usual /etc/X11 directory and tcl/tk is in /usr/include/tcl8.3h.
i've tried adding a softlink to tk.h in my /usr/include directory but still
pd can't find my tcl/tk headers. where is pd searching? do i need to add
softlinks to another directory or add a qualifier to ./configure? any help
would be appreciated, i'm a little stuck at the moment!

(as an aside, i downloaded a beta debian package of pd
(pd_0.35.0-test11_i386.deb) which installed ok. however the same basic pd
patch i was running before uses 16% cpu versus 8% before my hard drive
failure! i'm not sure what the problem could be but i figure installing from
source may help...)

thanks in advance,

nick
--