[PD] re: tcl/tk problems

nick phillips np at f-matic.net
Sun Feb 2 21:54:08 CET 2003

hi,

thanks for the reply - i did indeed try that tk-symlink but it didn't help
unfortunately. after many hours fooling around with the makefile i
eventually remembered i had been using pd-035 in my previous installation,
so i grabbed the source for that - it compiled with no problems, recognized
my tcl/tk headers and X11, and was up and running within minutes (which was
the experience i had installing pd the first time around, which is why these
new problems were so frustrating!) in any case, pd is now up and running
with the same cpu use as before, so for now i'll leave it be. maybe later
i'll try and figure out why the pd-036 makefiles are having such a hard time
on my system...

in any case, thanks,

np

--