[PD] subpatchers/abstractions (was: pd and jack)

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Tue Feb 4 16:36:24 CET 2003

hi,

at least for comments, there is a mean substitute in the cyclone.
You may write 'comment <width> <fontsize> <fontproperties> <text>'.

These are editable (and transformable into regular comments), no
resizing with the mouse, though, and courier font used only (font
properties field is ignored, currently), but any size is ok.

Such comments are really needed -- imported max patches are an
unreadable mess without.

But well... having more then a few font sizes in a patch makes it
horribly slow in loading -- maybe someone knows why?

Should I investigate, or is it a known tcl/tk (X Window?) problem?

Krzysztof