[PD] pd and tk

Alex from Idoia alex at idoia.com
Wed Feb 5 12:03:50 CET 2003

Hello,
This is a newbie question about how pd works with tk on OSX:
in the directory bin of pd, there is a file called pd.tk and I suppose
the code inside is used when we use the menu bar in pd and for dealing
with all the new windows etc... what is this language ? Actually when I
open pd, the main window is somewhere in between the middle and the
left of the screen, so I thought I could change its position on the
screen to fit my needs. I think I found the line code :
canvas .dummy -height 2p -width 9c
I tried several time to add randomly some options like -xpos or xscreen
but nothing worked....
Generally, tk is used for MAC no ? but what is its first purpose and
how where can find info to how to modify its code ? finally what is tcl
then ?
Thanks.