[PD] Presets in 1.poly.synth.pd

Jim Aikin midiguru23 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 6 01:02:15 CET 2003

I'm not a total newbie -- I've worked with Max from time to time, and
now I'm starting to learn Pd. I haven't been able to quite grasp what's
going on in the preset storage/recall structure in 1.poly.synth.pd,
which is supplied with the program.

I've added an LFO to the synth voice, created a new parameter called
numset lfa (lfo amplitude) in the main window (by copying and renaming
numset 2pc), and added an extra 0 argument to various pack objects so as
to send my lfa value to the voices. That part works. But the lfa
parameter setting is not being stored in the presets. I tried adding the
line

list lfa-in 0

to one of the preset .txt files, but Pd simply deletes that when it
saves the preset. Suggestions appreciated!

Also, since I may want to add many more parameters, is there an upper
limit to the number of arguments/inputs in a pack object?

Thanks in advance.

--Jim Aikin